Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Names That I Call Myself (or Split Personality)

Tip of the Day: Buy books for all your holiday gifts! Support the industry!

So it's been almost a year since I signed with my agent. Wow! The year has flown by! And while we haven't gotten a book deal yet, we have a plan (more writing, revising, submitting, of course!). But after 365 days, I don't think I'm "recently repped" anymore.

What I am is all of these things -- but which one has the nicest ring to it/most meaning and hope?

Miss Determined to Debut -- I am certainly determined and pride myself on my determination.

Miss Coveting a Contract -- I like the aliteration, but does coveting sound negative?

Miss Subbing for Pubbing -- No lie here. This is what I'm doing and it has a nice Seuss-like rhyming quality.

Miss Sure to Sell -- The optimism here is wonderful, and I like a positive message.

Miss Envisioning Editors -- Yes, I think about the editors reading my manuscripts and picture them offering contracts.

Which of these Misses should I be for 2009? Or if you have any brand new suggestions, please post them in the comments!

Deena, Miss Recently Repped

10 comments:

Kristina Springer said...

Oh my gosh, I love Miss Subbing for Pubbing!! I guess I'm very Dr. Seuss-y too.

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

How about Miss Ready to Rock the YA World!

I'm with you, now, sister. Repped and ready! Maybe that should be my monaker: Miss Repped and Ready!

Now...back to working on my pitch packet.

Emily Marshall said...

Wow, I don't know which one's my favorite. I kind of like Envisioning Editors. And GG's suggestions of Miss Read to Rock the YA World and Miss Repped and Ready are really good.

I think Repped and Ready is my favorite now.

Kate Fall said...

Oooh, I like Repped and Ready too. It's so energetic.

Liza said...

I like sure to sell or determined to debut.

That's what I would go with. =D

Lisa Schroeder said...

You have a lot of good ones!

I like Miss Sure to Sell. You know what I'm always saying - BELIEVE! :)

nadine said...

I like Miss Sure To Sell and Mrs. Determined to Debut.

=)
TruBlu

Shalonda said...

Be positive! Miss Sure to Sell is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I like Miss Sure to Sell :)

Unknown said...

The replica handbags is designed with the classical colors like encre, fusain and sepia. designer bags shows a sense of maturity and elegance. Having taken a look at many species of wallets, I am a little bored with the bright colors such as red, gold and green. louis vuitton uses the fresh, romantic hues of its louis vuitton handbags to create an image of pure glamour.