Tip of the Day: Visit Rochester, NY in 2010 for the next Teen Book Fest Live! Click HERE to see what went on in 2009!
All right, you caught me. I'm cheating. My sophomore Saturday nights I'll go into another time, but I was inspired to write about my SENIOR Sat nights bc it was much more entertaining to write about. In my senior year of high school, my awesome friend Jessica and I would cause shenanigans. They were harmless acts, but shenanigans nonetheless. And we cracked ourselves up.
We were friends with this hilarious guy, Chris, who had once told us that he and his guy friends had taken one of those flashing construction lights from the top of an orange and white striped construction pole along the side of the road.
Jess and I were like, We could do that! So one night in her old car (decorated with bumper stickers and strings of lights) we pulled alongside a ton of construction poles (in front of a church), got out of the car, and heaved the pole with light into the back seat. Can I say those suckers are heavier than they look? And taller, too!
We pried the light off for ourselves, then took the pole and put it in Chris's yard with a fake head and construction hat, so it was like a dummy standing in his yard. (Yes, it was a good thing his parents had a sense of humor.)
And so, the war began. Following late night shenanigans included:
1) C putting a construction cone in J's car
2) J and I hanging reflective CAUTION construction signs from his porch
3) C soaping J's car's windows
4) J and I throwing Fig Newtons all over C's porch/driveway (you had to be there)
5) J and I posting huge color copies of a terrible pic of C on the fence in his front yard
6) C and his friends hauling J's neighbor's fake well onto J's house's roof
7) J and I putting politcal signs all over C's front yard
Ah yes, the good times in rural Hilton never ended.
How did you spend your Senior Saturday nights?
Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing