*With apologies to Weird Al Yankovic
Tip of the Day: Doing NaNoWriMo? Tether yourself to your keyboard by plugging a pair of headphones into your PC and clamping them to your head. Works for me when I need to stay BIC!
Tomorrow morning I am heading to the Second YALSA Symposium on Young Adult Literature and I am psyched for a number of reasons:
1) I've never been to New Mexico before and it looks lovely
2) While the temps here in Rochester will be near snowy, the Albuquerque forcast is in the mid-60s and sunny
3) A keynote speech by Lauren Myracle and Ellen Hopkins, amazing writers and speakers
4) Free books! I'm remembering my empty suitcase this time
5) A breakout session featuring the hilarious Michael Zadoff (FOOD, GIRLS, AND OTHER THINGS I CAN'T HAVE) who grew up in Rochester
6) A fascinating breakout session "Commercial Success and Diversity: Are Both Possible, or Are They a Contradiction in Terms?" that is highly relevant in my diverse library population
7) Time to work on my November goals in the evenings
Is that enough reasons? Will any of you be there?
Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing