Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crazy Writers

Tip of the Day: Deena mentioned yesterday that the anthology I'm a part of with 25 other wonderful Young Adult authors released this week. But did you know that you don't need a Kindle to download the book? If you have an iPad or iPhone you can download the Kindle app for free from the app store and read it on your device.

What is it about November that makes us all want to work so hard on our writing? Tons of writers I know are trying to get an entire novel written this month as Em mentioned earlier in the week. I write very fast but I've still never given this challenge a try. Instead, this month I'm revising a book and I've given myself until the end of the month to have it complete. Normally revising is my least favorite part of the process. First drafts are my fave. But this time I'm really getting into it. I find that I'm talking to myself (out loud sometimes. You can imagine the looks.) in the voice of my main character and then I race around trying to find something to write on before I forget. Or I pull over the grocery cart at the store and e-mail myself from my iPhone. The worst is when it happens when I'm driving. Then I record myself talking on my iPhone. My kids think I'm nuts half the time. I imagine they'd probably think that anyway so I really can't blame that on the revising.














Are you crazed when you're revising?


Kristina, Miss Author in Action

1 comment:

Kate Fall said...

Ha, I love that picture! Yeah, I'm super busy. It seems like everyone wants to get going now that it's November. Don't tell me how many weeks until Christmas!