Saturday, July 19, 2014

Kids Are Reading (or Go On, Blame the Kids*)

*With apologies to Pink Floyd

Tip of the Day: BLACKOUT is still on sale for .99 through the end of July at Amazon and B&N!

I feel like every other week I hear about a news story or opinion piece saying that kids don't read anymore. Well, I can say from working at my library this summer, I don't see it so I won't believe it! :)

So far for our Summer Reading Program we have approximately 1,000 kids and teens (ages birth through 17) registered, and our circulation desk has had a check out line every day.

What books are the kids asking for? The ones that stand out as having multiple requests in the past few weeks are:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown
Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
Bigger Than a Bread Box by Laurel Snyder
The Magic Treehouse by Mary Pope Osborne
Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Pete the Cat by Eric Litwin
Who Was/Who Is biographies

What books are the kids and teens in your life clamoring for?

Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing


No comments: