Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just What EVERY Writer Needs on the Wall

Tip of the Day: If you’ve been trying forever to get in the Oprah audience, check here periodically to see posts for last-minute reservations. Guess who’s going tomorrow? :-)

Prepare to reach for your glue gun-- it’s Arts & Crafts day here at A2A.

Ever have one of those days where you just felt craptacular about your writing? You just received a rejection, you’re majorly stuck on a revision that is coming up on overdue, or you read a review that compared you to cow poop? Well then you NEED this craft.

I’m calling it-- I AM a Rockin’ Writer

Here’s what you need to do:

1) Purchase a really cute happy piece of paper from your local craft store.


2) Find a nice picture of yourself (go ahead and photoshop out any blemishes—we need you at your best here).


3) Go through old notes and e-mails and gather all the nice things other authors, agents, and editors etc. have said about you and your writing.


4) Pick out the BEST things people have said and then format them into the kind of blurbs you see on a book cover.


5) Glue all this stuff onto a piece of paper.


6) Hang on your office wall.


And wah la!


Next time you’re feeling like you suck as a writer, look at your creation and say “Ah….yes. I AM a Rockin’ Writer.

Kristina, Miss Soon-to-Pub



1 comment:

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Hurray! I tried to post a comment yesterday, but the thing wouldn't work...

Anyhoo...I love this idea, Tina. I need a little encouragement...and I think I'll start with my most awesome rejection from an agent. Woohoo!