Tuesday, April 5, 2011

To Spring Break Read or Not?

Tip of the Day: there seems to be alot of sick people out there lately. Just wanted to say a quick feel better everyone :)

This week we are discussing Spring Break reads at A2A. Unfortunately, everything I've been reading lately is adult literary fiction (not really my cup of tea). I'm on a committee at work that's helping pick a one book, one county selection. But Water for Elephants wasn't too bad and the movie looks fantastic, so I guess I can't complain too much.

In between all the stories that seem to be what I call "historical with issues," I'm trying to get in some more fun reads. Since I enjoy reading books classified as Spring Break or Beach Reads any day of the week, this is easy for me.

Some of the books I've enjoyed lately or have coming up...

Call Me Irrestible...it's not a YA book, but I'm in love with anything by Susan Elizabeth Phillips at this time, and her books are so fun that I'm sharing it anyway. This one features former golf-player Ted Beaudine (who's been mentioned in several other books). He's about to get married to the daughter of the former president, when the maid-of-honor steps in and persuades her friend to break off the wedding.

At first, I didn't know if I was going to like the romance, since it's between Ted and the free-spirited maid-of-honor Meg Koranda ( the daughter of Hollywood royalty). But in typical Phillips fashion the characters are well rounded and very likable. And when the entire town of Wynette, Texas seems to turn on Meg you can't help but root for her. Very cute read.

And I just bought this book because of the title...Killer Cruise by Jennifer Shaw. It's a few years old now, but it's about several mysteries about a cruise ship. That pretty much has "winning book" written all over it.

--Emily

No comments: