Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Want to be Swagalicious Part 2: So Where Do I Get Stuff?

Tip of the Day: Printrunner has free shipping right now until 3/31/10.

Thanks for all of your suggestions last week-- I think I'm on my way to being swagalicious. This week I've been researching where to get stuff and I thought hey, share the info with everyone else looking for swag!

Postcards

Why do I need them? Aside from sending them to absolutely every friend and family member and old teacher etc. that you know, send them to independent bookstores and teen librarians!

How do I get them? Vistaprint has some super awesome oversized postcards and here's the thing with Vistaprint-- they will send you e-mails numerous times a week offering you free stuff. LOTS of free stuff. Postcards are almost always on this list. You just pay the shipping. And if you're not in a hurry, choose the cheapest route. I just got some more free ones last week to send librarians-- aren't they cute?











Bookmarks

I already wrote a completely brilliant ;) post on bookmarks and I still love them so read here.


Buttons

Why do I need them? Cuz' they're cute. Really, they're completely optional giveaways. See the totally cute ones I got from Tera Lynn Childs:










How do I get them? Busy Beaver has totally reasonable prices. Check them out.


Stickers

Why do I need them? Why not? ;-)

How do I get them? I am about to order 1000 cuuuuuute stickers for Espressologist for $57 at printrunner.com (and like the TOD says, free shipping!). Still contemplating a Fake Boyfriend sticker but I'll order those too when I come up with something. In the mean time, check out Carrie Ryan's cute sticker for her new book:












Temporary Tattoos

Why do I need them? Cuz they're swagalicious. And who doesn't love putting something on their skin that takes a good 3-4 baths to get off?

How do I get them? Check out Tattoosales or Branders for deals.


Gel Bracelets

Why do I need them? I actually don't think I do. But I see them a lot at events so I'll include the info!

How do I get them? Here's a really cute place!


Other Stuff

I'm going to add one more tip that I got from Mandy Hubbard. Check wedding favor sites! Mandy got super cute lip glosses with her book title Prada & Prejudice on it. Check out this site, Beau Coup. They have everything from fortune cookies to poker chips to mini candles. Cute!


Kristina, Miss See Me on the Shelves


4 comments:

Stina said...

Great post!

Now I know where to go online if I'm ever published. :D

Lisa Schroeder said...

This is awesome - thanks for the linkage - I've never been swagalicious, except for bookmarks, so next time around, maybe I'll try some of the other stuff!!

DeenaML said...

Very helpful post! Can't wait to see what else you end up with.

Daniel Victoriano said...

Hi Kristina,

You mentioned printing (postcards) so I though this website might be a good link to include... www.ineedapricequote.com. You can fill out the form in the "Printing" category and all the info is sent out to different printing who then call you/email with more info/pricing. It's great since you don't have to call around. Let me know if you like the site! I'm the owner/creator btw. :)

PS: Very informative post ;)