Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Too Much Paper...

Activity of the Week: "write in your journal using a different medium (brush & ink, charcoal, old typewriter, crayons, markers."

I'm having lots of fun on my project to Spice Up My Writing. But this past week's activity was an especially fun one, because it allowed me to use some of those dreaded scrap papers.

Early on when I started writing, I'd print a lot more of my projects out to do editing. It just got to the point where it wasted so much paper. I started to feel like I was going to have to make hundreds of paper airplanes, mobiles, collages, or any other thing you could possibly make out of paper. I've cut back on the printing, but still have tons of paper that needs to be recycled lying around. Not to mention the dozens of books I have that need to be recycled.

So this week, I decide to make a pen holder using a page from an old book and a cheap pot from Michaels craft store. And I quite enjoy the result.


--Emily, Miss Querylicious

4 comments:

DeenaML said...

That is actually really cute!

Kate Fall said...

Hey, that's awesome. I'd do about anything to know where my pens are in this house. But thanks to your tip, I think I'll try some freewriting with the kids' crayons.

Andrea Mack said...

Oh, I love this idea! I'm going to think about what I can make from my old manuscripts.

VoiceplateDeals said...

Sometimes just adding fake spiders into a drink is fun!