Thursday, October 27, 2011

What's Your Writing Schedule?

Tip of the Day: Today's my birthday!! Want to get me something? :-) If you've read any of my three books (The Espressologist, My Fake Boyfriend is Better Than Yours, or Just Your Average Princess), could you go review them at Goodreads and/or Amazon?

I'm always curious about the writing schedule of your average author. Maybe it's because I feel like I never have enough time to write. I look forward to two years from now when all of my kids are in school all day I'll have that time to work. But for now my typical schedule is two hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays (when the little guy is in preschool) and then the occasional hour at night or on a weekend that doesn't happen often enough. It's not a whole lot of time. I wondered what other other author's writing schedules looked like.

Aprilynne Pike says she writes from 10am-4pm during the summer months.

Tammi Sauer writes from 9:30am-3pm on school days.

Gena Showalter writes a chapter everyday, 7 days a week. Even if it takes her all day to write it.

Kerri Maniscalco writes 8-14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. (Wow!)

What's your writing schedule like?

Kristina, Miss Author in Action

1 comment:

Andrea Mack said...

I try to write for about two hours in the morning, 7 days a week. Doesn't always work out that way, though. I often end up wasting some of the time I've set aside.