Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer in the Library (or YAY! My Shelves are Empty!)

Tip of the Day: Emily may have said yesterday that Wendy's summer beverages are delish, but for those lucky enough to live near a Wegmans, their organic lemonades are addicting!

I love summer time in the library! Let me count the ways:

1. Kids and teens are exciting about reading! Yes, we also bribe them with Summer Reading prizes and parties, but they love talking about the books they've read.

2. Teens are done with exams and have time to read so my YA shelves are nearly bare. YAY! I love it when stuff is checked out, especially my new book shelves! Not kidding. Probably 100 new books checked out. Sweet!

3. It is so busy that the time on the reference desk flies by.

4. It is air-conditioned.

5. I can sit outside in the shade during my lunch breaks and write without shivering.

6. Natural vitamin-D for better patron/staff moods.

What are you favorite things about summer at your local library?

Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing

No comments: