Friday, October 23, 2009

Congratulations Tina!!!

Tip of the day: Next Tuesday, go to your local bookstore and buy THE ESPRESSOLOGIST by Kristina Springer, then grab your favorite beverage of choice and curl up and read this GREAT book!

I still remember when I heard the concept for Tina’s book. Match making based on the type of you coffee drink you like!? BRILLIANT is what I thought. I knew she would have no problem selling it. And she certainly didn’t, with multiple publishers interested!

So, I’m very lucky in that I got an Advanced Review Copy at the American Library Association conference last July. I was having fun reading it during an especially hot spell and carried it over to our neighbor’s to read during an afternoon by the pool. Remember this photo? I have proof! (You’ll notice the ARC had a bit different cover than the final book).


But then, after carrying it around with me for a few days, I went to look for it, and couldn’t find it! Isn’t that tragic? There’s nothing worse than losing a book you were in the middle of! I don’t know what happened to it. Maybe I left it at my neighbor’s and she wanted to read it so badly, she didn’t let on that she had found it? Who knows!? But I do know I’m dying to find out what happens and will be going to the bookstore next week to buy my very own copy.

There were some cover changes along the way, but I really think what they ended up with is just so perfect, don’t you?

Congratulations on your debut, Tina! I’m so very excited for you! May your book fly off the shelves and into the hearts of many, many teens, coffee-lovers, and anyone who is looking for fun, sweet read!

~Lisa, Miss Crafting a Career

2 comments:

Shannon Messenger said...

Just had to add my congratulations! I will be stopping by my Barnes and Noble (sadly it's the only bookstore in town--I hate suburbia!) to pick it up--though there's a good chance I'll have to order it (they never have ANYTHING I want!). So I probably won't be reading it until the week after . :(

Kristina Springer said...

Thanks Lisa!!! :-)

I hope B&N has it Shannon-- they're supposed to carry it! Thanks!! :-)