Tip of the Day: Tyra Banks wrote a YA novel too now. Yep.
Last week I was all ready to go! Jump back into the post-summer hectic routine of school and activities and writing. But, yawwwwwwwn, I'm tired! I don't know what is with me this week but I've had several new book ideas recently and I should be diving into them but I kinda just want to veg and watch Real Housewives of New Jersey. Bad writer! So I'm trying to think of some things that will motivate me to actually start a new book. Here's a list, maybe it will help you too.
1) Get out of the house! Go back to the coffee shops to work. A change of environment is needed.
2) Start doing the writing sprints with writing friends again! It's been a couple of weeks. Too long! Need accountability.
3) Schedule writing time in the family calendar. If it's written down then I have to do it.
4) Jot down an outline. Even if it only has the beginning, middle, and end, it's something. I can always expand on something.
5) Hire a professional nag (does such a thing exist?). I need someone to keep pestering me throughout the day to get to work.
And...I can't think of anything else. I was going to add reward myself with something for doing so many words but I can't even think of something I want. Except maybe coffee. I always want coffee.
Any other ideas for how to get motivated?
Kristina, Miss Author in (not so much) Action