Thursday, September 1, 2011

Get My Motor Running

Tip of the Day: Tyra Banks wrote a YA novel too now. Yep.

Last week I was all ready to go! Jump back into the post-summer hectic routine of school and activities and writing. But, yawwwwwwwn, I'm tired! I don't know what is with me this week but I've had several new book ideas recently and I should be diving into them but I kinda just want to veg and watch Real Housewives of New Jersey. Bad writer! So I'm trying to think of some things that will motivate me to actually start a new book. Here's a list, maybe it will help you too.

1) Get out of the house! Go back to the coffee shops to work. A change of environment is needed.

2) Start doing the writing sprints with writing friends again! It's been a couple of weeks. Too long! Need accountability.

3) Schedule writing time in the family calendar. If it's written down then I have to do it.

4) Jot down an outline. Even if it only has the beginning, middle, and end, it's something. I can always expand on something.

5) Hire a professional nag (does such a thing exist?). I need someone to keep pestering me throughout the day to get to work.

And...I can't think of anything else. I was going to add reward myself with something for doing so many words but I can't even think of something I want. Except maybe coffee. I always want coffee.

Any other ideas for how to get motivated?

Kristina, Miss Author in (not so much) Action

1 comment:

Kate Fall said...

I like the idea of blocking out time. Swear you will not do laundry during this time. Or vacuum. Possibly put that in writing. (Although sometimes I need to get up to fold laundry when I don't know what comes next for some thinking time. That's allowed.)