Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Espressologist Launch Celebration!!

Tip of the Day: Did you know Kristina has her own website? Check it out!

Our own Miss Delighted to Debut, Kristina Springer, doesn't have much longer to wait. THE ESPRESSOLOGIST releases early next week on October 27th! We're celebrating her success all week long. If you want to know how it feels to have your first novel hit the shelves (I do! I do!), this is the place to ask her questions and revel in the positive energy.

And put THE ESPRESSOLOGIST on your reading list! Here's a taste of the yummy reading awaiting you:

What’s your drink of choice? Is it a small pumpkin spice latte? Then you’re lots of fun and a bit sassy. Or a medium americano? You prefer simplicity in life. Or perhaps it’s a small decaf soy sugar-free hazelnut caffe latte? Some might call you a yuppie. Seventeen-year-old barista Jane Turner has this theory that you can tell a lot about a person by their regular coffee drink. She scribbles it all down in a notebook and calls it Espressology. So it’s not a totally crazy idea when Jane starts hooking up some of her friends based on their coffee orders. Like her best friend, Em, a medium hot chocolate, and Cam, a toffee nut latte. But when her boss, Derek, gets wind of Jane’s Espressology, he makes it an in-store holiday promotion, promising customers their perfect matches for the price of their favorite coffee. Things are going better than Derek could ever have hoped, so why is Jane so freaked out? Does it have anything to do with Em dating Cam? She’s the one who set them up! She should be happy for them, right?

With overtones of Jane Austen’s Emma and brimming with humor and heart, this sweet, frothy debut will be savored by readers.


So, here's a question I couldn't resist asking Kristina. What happens when you tell your parents you have a novel coming out? Do you give them a signed copy of your book?

Kristina says: "Yep, my parents are so stinkin' proud. My mom tells absolutely everyone and passes out business cards with my book cover on it and bookmarks. And they introduce me to everyone as "This is my daughter, the author." :-) And nope-- they're buying books! I'd give them one of course but they want to buy a bunch just because. I gave my mom an ARC in her Mother's Day basket back in a May and she read the book that day and my Dad read it during the next week. They both loved it! And theirs were completely unbiased opinions, I swear. ;-)"
That is so freaking adorable, isn't it? Tina, I'm so psyched that your parents really get it. Your writing friends get it, too, and we couldn't be more happy that your hard work is paying off. Congratulations on your debut!

-- Kate, Miss Perfecting the Pages

4 comments:

amuse me said...

Congratulations, also, from an avid reader of this blog. I wish you all the success and good things that come with it. Keep us posted.

Shannon Messenger said...

Congrats. So jealous, but also SO excited for you! I love the concept of the book. Must add to my wishlist!

Emily Marshall said...

Yay...happy early release week.

Kristina Springer said...

Thanks guys! :-)