Thursday, January 30, 2014

The ONLY Right Way to Publish

Tip of the Day: Want one of my ebooks for free? Just sign up for my newsletter.

Anyone else tired of the debate?

Self-publishing versus traditional publishing! One is right, the other will lead to certain doom! Dun dun dunnnnnn!

Seriously?


It's been, like, four years since self-publishing took hold of the marketplace. I've been in it for three years (well, on Feb, 11th, it'll be three years).

At first, I was scared! What would people think? Would I lose friends? Would I become an outcast?





 Well, people thought I was nuts. I lost friends. I became an outcast.

Most of those people have come around now because they've realized self-publishing isn't evil. In fact, it's kind of fun!




 So, self-publishing must be the only right path since it's clearly proven itself to be so freaking awesome!

WRONG!





The right path to publication is WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU!

Look, anyone who says one way is the only way is um....


Do your research. Talk to as many authors as you can. Attend conferences. Learn about the industry. Figure out what works FOR YOU!

I'm tired of the arguing and the one-upping and the debate over who is better.


We're all writers. We're all lovers of books. Let's support each other. :)



XoXo,

Megg, Miss Enchanted ePubber

*All these amazing gifs via ReactionGifs.com




No comments: