Sunday, May 15, 2011

Photos of the Young Adult Author Stars

Tip of the Day: If you ever get a chance to hear Terry Trueman speak, GO!

On Saturday, my daughter and I attended the Rochester Teen Book Festival, so today I have some visuals of a rocking good time!

This is James Barry, artist for The Warriors manga series, signing and sketching for my artist daughter. What a nice guy!

The world-famous mob of teens waiting to meet Ellen Hopkins. The line will extend outside the auditorium door for hours.

Here's me and the inspirational Elizabeth Scott. I loved hearing her and Melissa de la Cruz speak about their writing processes. Elizabeth had hugs for everyone!

I also saw Julie Halpern, Carl Deuker, Melissa Cantor, and Terry Trueman, who may be the funniest speaker alive. We do this every year in Rochester, so make plans to come see us next May!

-- Kate, Miss Perfecting the Pages

1 comment:

DeenaML said...

I LOVED ES and MdlC! TOTALLY inspirational. And James B remembered me from 3 years ago. So sweet! What a great time. I'll post more pics on Weds. I love the love of you and ES!