Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Travelling: Festivals, Conferences, Get Going

Tip of the Day: Celebrate Carmella Van Vleet's book release for Seven Wonders of the World and win a copy at MigWriters!

The Rochester Teen Book Fest is May 14! Check it out at www.teenbookfestival.org. I've been reading up for it. I just finished Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King, which I highly recommend.

I know people getting ready for the SCBWI conference in California. That seems so far away, California. I'm in awe of people who can travel across the country for a couple of days, although when I was in my 20s, I used to do it all the time.

I don't have any conference plans this Spring. I'm going to hold a pretend conference, I think. You can come. Just schedule yourself blocks of time for 1) writing or drawing; 2) reading about writing online; and 3) eating a take out sandwich.

Do you have any writing-related travel plans for the Spring? Tell us about your trips when you blog about them!

-- Kate, Miss Perfecting the Pages



2 comments:

C. K. Kelly Martin said...

Just to say I loved Please Ignore Vera Dietz too!

DeenaML said...

Yup, also a fan of VERA DIETZ! And I entered to win Car's book! :)