Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Luck 'o the Quarter Irish (or Do I Look Good in Green?)

Tip of the Day: If you're looking for holiday books at the library, make sure to take them out at least two weeks ahead of the holiday or else they'll all be checked out when you search for them the day before the holiday.



I'm 25% Irish. Does that mean I have 25% the luck of those who are 100% Irish? Hmmm, let's see.



I am lucky that I have that I have 6 fantastic crit partners.



I am lucky that I have a manpanion who understands the struggle for artistic pursuits.



I am lucky that I have a job as a YA Librarian and can buy all the YA books within my budget that I want, and interact with teen readers.



I am lucky that my friends and family are healthy and doing well so I can focus my energy on writing.



I am lucky to have A2A readers, followers, and interviewees! (Hey, there's a lot of blogs out there and we love that you read ours!)



I am lucky my agent was switching to a more kidlit focused agency when I sent her my ms.



I am lucky I have more novel ideas.



I think I'm pretty darn lucky! How about all of you? How lucky are ya?



Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing

4 comments:

Lisa Schroeder said...

I think it's great to focus on all the positives. It's easy to focus on the things that don't go right, but when you make a list like that, it's like wow, look how many things DO go right! And those aren't small things! :)

Emily Marshall said...

Yes, we are quit lucky, aren't we? Sometimes it is easy to forget that.

Kristina Springer said...

Totally agree! Lucky, lucky, lucky!

Rhonda Helms said...

YAY! Great, upbeat post. :D

I'm lucky too, to have so many family and friends supporting my endeavor. Thank you for reminding me of it.