Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oh Lucky Me!

Tip of the Day: Looking for a good luck charm? The turtle is kind of cute and writerly appropriate "The wise old turtle says that true wisdom is attained through perseverance; establishing your own pace and following your own path are the elements of success."

I feel lucky all the time just for having a healthy family, good friends, a home, and income. (Especially now in this terrible economy. I just hate all the terrible things happening to families right now!) I feel lucky for each and every little thing. But when it comes to writing specifically, I feel lucky:

* That I found people who "get it". There are always people who don't get it. (You know who you are-- the ones who get all glazey eye when I'm talking about something REALLY FREAKING COOL that I'm working on? :-) ) And then there are the ones who DO get it.
Like my super cool critique partners (hi Deena, Em, and Mandy!), all the A2A girls, the Debs, my agent, my editor, YA authors and all the great online communities, and of course, YA readers. People getting it is very cool.

(not hating on the not getters-- I get all glazey eye too when you talk about your super complicated gadgety stuff :-) )

*That I get the time to write. With these 4 little munchkins following me around all day I should feel lucky just to go to the bathroom right? How lucky am I that I get to write too?

*For each exciting idea I get. Whenever a new idea pops into my head I want to pinch myself. Seriously. I'm always like WHOA-- that's cool? Did I just come up with that? Are there little elves whispering this stuff into my ear at night?

*For this AWESOME cover.




















Covers tend to be out of the author's hands (and into the cool creative artsy hands, MUCH better than mine!) and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

*That I'm going to be done with my current WIP way ahead of schedule! Whoo hoo!

*That things are starting to happen with my book now that it's getting closer to the pub date! I'm loving getting e-mails, inquiries, and invites!

*That one day I'll walk into a book store and see my book on a shelf. For this, I feel WAY LUCKY.

Kristina, Miss Delighted to Debut

8 comments:

Jeannine Atkins said...

That cover is SO AWESOME. Congratulations. And also on all the other "luck" and positive outlooks, of course! (but that cover!! wow!)
Jeannine Atkins

Amanda Morgan said...

Awww, you're so sweet! :) I'm lucky to have such a great CP, too! And I am in love with your cover. It's AMAZING. :)

Lisa Schroeder said...

Wow, you are rocking it with your current WIP! Way to go!!

Kate Fall said...

Sending you more cover love!!

I like the idea of a good luck charm. Maybe I should look into one.

DeenaML said...

Maybe I need a good luck charm -- even if it's just a placebo, it can't hurt! :)

Emily Marshall said...

Yes it is so nice to have people "get it." And yep that is one cute cover.

Kristina Springer said...

Thanks for all the cover love. I want to frame it and put it next to the four kids in the hallway-- so there would be 5 8x10s in a row-- ha ha. Kidding of course! I'll make a poster size of the cover. HA HA HA.

Sarah Garrigues said...

Love the cover...seems to fit the plot of the book well!