Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gotta love "advice" by chocolate

Tip of the Day: if you are donating blood and think you can get by with a large snack instead of eating an entire meal, you are wrong. Trust me!

Okay, so it's been kind of a long week already. Whenever I'm feeling exhausted or like I'm about to start pulling my hair out in frustration, I do what any normal person does when they need to relax: I indulge in a few (okay, tons) of Dove chocolate. Not only that, but I do it while watching The Biggest Loser, but I guess that's a topic for another day.

Anyway, not sure when they started including the little inspirational sayings on the Dove wrappers, but the person who thought of it is a genius. It's brilliant marketing and incentive to keep going. I'm sure I'm not the only one that treats them like a fortune and if I don't like my first one I try again.

I have to tell you this latest bag of chocolates really wants to see me accomplish my dreams!

In fact every other quote (or promises as they like to call them, since apparently they are promising you that anything can be accomplished by just eating chocolate...which now that I think about it is a very valid point) seemed to be about fulfilling dreams.

"Live your dreams"

"Dare to dream"

"Daydreaming is free"

"Follow that dream wherever that dream may lead"

"You are the star for which all evenings wait" (which of course is telling me I'm a writing superstar, right? Which I equate to following dreams.)


So what's my point?

Yeah, I don't know either. Just that if you are feeling down, get yourself some Dove chocolates and it will instantly boost your moral. Or at the very least give you a laugh! Who wouldn't smile at the cheesiness of "If you live in the present, every moment is a new beginning" or the profoundness of "Wisdom has two parts 1) having a lot to say, and 2) not saying it."

--Emily, Miss Querylicious

No comments: