Tuesday, May 25, 2010

...think positive

Tip of the Day: have you ever read a book and then thought that there is no way on earth my book is as good as this authors? Well….stop thinking negative, and think of all the wonderful things your book has that the one you are reading doesn’t :)

Due to a lack of TV choices, I’ve been watching a lot of shows on the Ion Network lately. This morning, I happened to catch a show called Positive Living. The show features visits from several life coaches. This particular episode featured Bob Proctor who talked about the law of attraction and how it pertains to our dreams, goals, and attracting people that can help make those happen.

His presentation was very The Secret-esc, but there were two interesting points he made that could be applied for those of us in the writing trenches waiting for success.

First, he mentioned that it order to make your goals happen, you should try to state something positive about what you want to achieve. And then believe it! So instead of just saying, “I’d like to have a book published,” you’d say something along the lines of “I love when people read my book and laugh or get into the characters and I’d love to be able to share that with more people by having my book published.” And repeat it every, single, day!

I guess phrasing it as a positive is supposed to not only give you positive reinforcement for all the good you are doing so far, but encourage you to strive harder for the next step.

Makes sense.

Second, he mentioned that the biggest obstacle for people achieving success is that we focus on the “obstacles” themselves when they come up. So instead of focusing on all those rejections from agents, editors, or maybe even a reviewer, try to focus on all the positive instead. Basically, just visualize your successful, while forgetting about all the barriers preventing you from getting there.

I’m all for trying new things and do thing I could use a dose of positive thinking!

--Emily, Miss Querylicious

3 comments:

Kate Fall said...

Positive thinking is hard! I love it when people share reminders. We have to keep it up to accomplish anything.

DeenaML said...

I love this stuff. And I used to think my mom was weird for always preaching it and listening to Deepok Chopra. :)

Unknown said...

There are even more different styles available when you look at scarpe Hogan women's shoes, whether you are seeking shoes for business, casual or dress wear. hogan donna is a sporty model that can be worn for all types of occasions, and its suede and canvas upper and rubber sole help this shoe look like a true fit for anyone. The Avy printed leather shoe by Hogan scarpe uomo women's shoes has a sporty low profile that will give you a great casual look, fashionable and trendy at the same time. Hogan uomo are smooth white in color, and made for long wear.