Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Ebooks from Indie Authors

Tip of the Day: Want to see a super cool library? Check out the blog I did on our new town library. And here's an extra tip for today, if you have an iPad or iPhone you can download an ereader app (exp. nook) to read books on instead of buying an ereader.

Since we've been talking about ebooks all week I thought it would be fun to share a few ebooks that I have my eye on. Specifically I'm going to be looking at ebooks recently put out by indie authors.



Megg Jenson epublished her first young adult book, Anathema, just a couple of weeks ago. The book is already doing well and she even broke into the top 100 most popular ebooks on bn.com this week. She's got an engaging cover and a great price at $2.99 a book.














Karly Kirkpatrick began epublishing four months ago with her first young adult book, Into the Shadows. Her book is also nicely priced at $2.99. She blogs all about the epub experience in detail and it's fascinating to follow. Karly will be guest posting for us on a Fun Friday later this month.












Tera Lynn Childs is known for her traditionally publisher young adult books but has recently begun self-publishing adult books. Her first two are Eye Candy and Straight Talk. I love the covers, which is a HUGE thing in epub. Gotta have a great cover. And of course, her price is awesome at $.99 a book.












I've always liked reading Lauren Barnholdt's traditionally published young adult books from the Devon Delaney series to Reality Chick. Lauren has recently started self-publishing a number of series novellas on bn.com, all priced between $.99 and $2.99. Sweet! The covers are all gorgeous! Here's a long list of her books.








What about you? Any ebooks by indie authors that you have your eye on?

Kristina, Miss Author in Action

5 comments:

Megg Jensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megg Jensen said...

Small disclaimer: I broke the top 100 of Barnes & Noble teen e-books, not top 100 of all e-books (I wish!). But the list did include traditional and indie books so I was excited to see my name next to Maggie Stiefvater for part of the day.

I think your readers might find my sales numbers interesting, though. I'm posting them on my blog on Monday. Perception and reality are two totally different things!

Megg
www.meggjensen.com

Kristina Springer said...

I saw your book ranked one above Maggie's Shiver! Nice!!

Karly Kirkpatrick said...

wow wow wow! Super thanks for the shout out!

:D

DeenaML said...

I love seeing all these beautiful covers for ebooks! More and more ppl at my library are loving their ereaders!