Tip of the Day: After every 30 minutes of writing, do 30 jumping jacks. It keeps you awake and helps combat writer's butt!
Happy New Year, everyone!
I SHOULD start this post by recapping my 2008 writing goals and seeing what I met/almost met/didn't even come close to meeting, but alas, I don't think I even made 2008 writing goals! So let's jump right into 2009, shall we?
1. Sub my MG #1 to additional eds.
2. Polish my MG#2, newly revised, and sub to eds.
3. Fast draft in JANNoWriMo style (January Novel Writing Month since I had no time in November) the Vietnam War YA that's been in my brain for years.
4. Get editorial notes from my agent on YA#1 and polish it.
5. Get critique partner comments back on MG#3, make it pretty, and send to my agent.
Wow. I'm gonna be busy!
Notice the goals here include things I can control. Of COURSE I'd like to sell, sell, sell! But I can't control that part of the process, and I'm resigned to it. What I can control is the quality of my work which I am definitely willing to keep working on until yes, I sell, sell, sell!
What are your writing goals for 2009? The ones you can control?
Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing (yay new Miss name!)