Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ask A2A


Tip of the Day: This shirt is awesome ->



You can get it HERE.

It's ASK A2A DAY!!! What's that you say? It's a day for our readers to ask us anything at all (writing related, lol. We don't do religion and politics.) and we'll address it in blog posts in the coming weeks. We've got a lot of knowledge between the five of us:

  • 5 MG and/or YA writers
  • 1 Traditionally and 1 indie pubbed
  • 2 teen librarians
  • 1 editor
And we've all been through the querying and agent hunting process. So if there is anything you've bee dying to know or hoping we'd blog about, now is the time. You can either leave your questions in a comment on this post or if you'd rather stay anonymous (we won't mention names) e-mail us at author2author.blog @ gmail.com.

Kristina, Miss Author in Action



6 comments:

G.M. said...

What about a t-shirt: My Fake Mom can write about your Fake Mom?

My question for the MG writers is: How do you write the dialouges so that they will sound authentic for MG readers? And how do you get into their MG minds to describe what they are thinking?

Do you read other MG books? Do you watch how your MG children are talking?

Thanks.

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

For the librarians:
What are teens reading in your library nowadays?

Kate Fall said...

Giora:

I have a 13-year-old daughter, so I couldn't avoid teen concerns if I wanted to. But you know what? They're identical to our own. And once you're concentrating on what your character cares about (boyfriend, family, situation of peril), the dialog flows. Yes, I read books, and they might be more helpful than the young teens infecting my house, as their slang is transitory. But the concerns remain the same.

Kate Fall said...

Hmm, I meant to say my teenage daughter's concerns are identical to my concerns WHEN I WAS 13. Am I good enough tops the list.

DeenaML said...

Jenn, I'll address your question about what my lib teens are reading in an upcoming post! Thanks for asking!

Kristina Springer said...

I'll talk about MG writing on Thursday. :-) Thanks for the suggestion!