Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Tip of the Day: Mush up some of the left-over Thanksgiving stuff together in a bowl the next day and heat & eat. It’s good. Really. :-)

I love this week of seeing what everyone else is thankful for and looking back on what I'm thankful for in my writing life too. And sometimes we're thankful for similar things so obviously that means they are extra cool. Like,

1) Critique Partners-- Critique partners are amazing-- they are so smart and see so many things in your writing that you may not see. Like when something really sucks or something is really great or something should be added/deleted.


2) Writing Friends-- They are just the best. They get what you are doing, they understand and share the struggles and triumphs and they are so supportive. I'm especially thankful for the A2A ladies and our cool readers, my Live Journal friends, my MySpace and facebook pals, and the Debs.

3) My Family-- They rock. They just get it and let me do my thing when I need to.

4) Time-- I'm thankful for any time I get to do this thing that I love.

5) My Agent-- I'm happy she keeps enjoying my books and is trying to sell more.

6) My Editor-- I'm thankful for the whole putting a book together experience I've had over the past year and for her helping make my book awesome.

7) Low-fat wheat pretzels from Trader Joe's-- Dang they’re good and I always pack a ziplock of them to snack on while I write.

8) The future- And all the possibilities of what will happen in my (and your) writing life (lives) next. So much to look forward to!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Kristina, Miss Soon-to-Pub


3 comments:

Wendy Toliver said...

I wish there were Trader Jo's here in Utah. Sniff, sniff. Great post. :)

Lisa Schroeder said...

Ahhh, love that picture!!!

Great list. :)

everydayMOM said...

Great post!

Thanks for your idea with the "appointment cards." Really cute. I love your creative mind... always at work. =]
Emily