Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Are you stalling?

Tip of the Day: Not a good idea to fall asleep holding your Nook. Your neck will not thank you in the morning.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I'm considering doing NaNoWriMo again. This is probably the last thing I should be doing, because I really need to be finishing up revisions on a book and subbing another book.

However, my writing has definitely taken a backseat in my life lately and I feel completely out of practice. Every time I sit down to work on revisions I feel lost and don't have a clue where to start.

My mind is telling me that if I force myself to work on another project and just sit and write and write and write, I should regain some of my writing skills and it will translate over to my other projects.

But I don't know if that's the truth or if I'm just being lured away by other projects, because I don't want to spend the tough time on the one I'm finishing.

The lure of the shiny, new project can be hard to resist!

Hmmm...it is a dilemma.

While I normally don't recommend moving onto a new project until you are ready, I really think in this case it will help.

Because just as a mind in motion wants to stay in motion, I'm guessing a writer writing wants to stay writing.

So let's hear it, have any of you switched projects and found it's helped with the initial book you were working on?

Success stories would be nice to hear.

--Emily, Miss Querylicious


No comments: