Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A2A The Teen Years: Yearbook Yackin' (or We Were Only Freshman*)

*With apologies to the Verve Pipe

Tip of the Day: Stay tuned to future posts for intriguing gems from my sophomore through senior yearbooks!

Here's some great lines from my freshman yearbook -- feel free to steal them for your YA novels!

"You might as well face it, me & Steve's relationship is not at an end. I know in my <3 he likes me."
(UPDATE: they dated on and off for most of high school, and then thankfully it ended.)

"We are making the bestest quilts in the whole darn world!"
(UPDATE: my "quilt" maxed out at about 3 square feet.)

"It's a good thing we didn't waste our freshman year & pay attention."
(UPDATE: I still agree with this. :))

"Maching band was fun too but don't drop out...."
(UPDATE: I did the next year to get a job.)

"...and I love your hair!"
(UPDATE: I still have no idea how anyone could love my hair, especially during the puberty years.)

Reading through these was fun and embarassing! It was the first time I opened this yearbook in, well, years!

Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing

1 comment:

Kristina Springer said...

Love it! I'm getting ready to go through my yearbooks now...