Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Reading in Full Swing! (or Books & Bribes at the Library)

Tip of the Day: Read my review of the 100th book I read this year, THE DAY BEFORE by Lisa Schroeder!

Due to being swamped at the library, losing internet service at home, finishing wedding plans, and dealing with an injured family member -- plus writing my WIP and trying to get ready for a writing day with my CPs this Sat. -- I'm keeping today's post short and sweet.

You know what is awesome? Having a line of kids with their parents, siblings, or caregives at the Children's Reference Desk waiting patiently to sign up for summer reading. Is it because of the lovely prizes? Or because they love to read?

Based on our repeat customers year after year -- and the lack of books on our summer reading/new book shelves -- I'm guessing the latter.

And I love it!

Keep writing for kids and teens. They love books. They love reading. Help keep libraries stocked with good new stuff to entertain them for years to come!

Deena, Miss Subbing for Pubbing

2 comments:

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

You know what is awesome? Hearing about the kids lined up for summer reading! :-D

DeenaML said...

It's been so much fun to read their book reviews online too when they enter the books into their logs!